Reviewed by BestLawnMowerGuide. The 19-inch Black and Decker Lawn Mower SPCM1936 is a self propelled cordless electric lawn mower powered by a 36-volt battery. The main advantage of this lawn mower aside from the fact that it is self propelled and cordless is that it can re-cut clippings and reduce it into mulch. You can also bag the clippings using an integrated detachable catcher or you can easily discharge clippings using the side chute. Adjusting the cutting height is also a breeze with its single lever cutting height adjustment system.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 Self Propelled lawn mower Overview
There is also no need to pull start the engine because this model comes with a convenient electric starter. The rear drive wheels provider more traction particularly on inclining terrains and this is covered by a two year full warranty.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 Features
- Self propelled and adjustable mowing speed to achieve excellent cutting efforts using minimal effort. This also uses a highly efficient electric motor with removable 36 volts battery. A single full charge can mow up to one-third per acre.
- The 19 inches deck comes with a lifetime warranty with integrated durable and ultra tough cutting blade.
- One touch height adjustment with a single pull of the lever to achieve the desired grass height. Ergonomically designed no slip grips with Simultaneous height adjustment of all four wheels with a single pull.
- Easy startup using a safety key. Just turn the key, pull the handle and you are on the go.
- Smooth and quiet operation with convenient battery removal. No mess, no grease, and no tools needed.
- Can be folded upright for a more convenient storage.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 Key Benefits
- Single point height adjustment and users have the option to either mulch the grass and throw it back in the lawn or store it in the rear bag.
- Tough and lightweight rust – free polymer cutting deck with ergonomic and padded grip handle for additional comfort.
- Tool free assembly and the safety key also keeps accidental starting.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 best Self Propelled lawn mower Disadvantage
- Slow to get to full speed
- Inconvenient location of the safety button
- Longer charging time (up to 12 hours)
Black & Decker SPCM1936 best Self Propelled lawn mower Warranty Information
The Black and Decker SPCM1936 19-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Electric Self-Propelled Lawn Mower comes with
- Lifetime Deck warranty and 2 Year Warranty on other parts with thirty days Money – Back Guarantee.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 Conclusion
All in all, the cordless SPCM1936 self propelled lawn mower offers a very powerful cutting tool. And because this one uses an electric motor, you can mow your lawn anytime you want to without fear of disturbing your neighbors. For first time cordless mower buyers, this is definitely an option to consider. And because of its compact design, going into tight spaces will never be difficult plus its rear drive wheel offers better traction for hard to reach uphill terrains. However, at approximately $399.00, this can be pricey for some looking for a more affordable electric mower. Minus the expensive cost and a few minor cons, this is definitely one electric mower worth trying out.